Bat links on the Web
Information resources on bats and bioacoustics
- Biosonar: Seeing with Sound, an interactive resource hosted by our lab.
- Studies on tree roosting bats in Italy. Our work in Abruzzo and surrounding areas.
- Animal Bioacoustics page by the Acoustical Society of America.
- Jim Buzbee's list of bat links - you won't find a more comprehensive list of bat resources.
Bat / Biosonar conferences
- 10th European Bat Resarch Symposium, Galway, August 2005
- International Bioacoustic Council Conference, Cogne, Italy, September 2001.
- North American Symposium on Bat Research
Biosonar Research Groups
- The Sonar Group at The Centre for Sound Communication Research, Odense University.
- The Bat Lab at the University of Maryland.
- Mitch Masters' bat lab at Ohio State University.
- Munich University research group: neurobiology, behaviour, bioacoustics
- Jeff Wenstrup at NE Ohio Universities.
- Centre for Bioacoustics, Università degli Studi di Pavia.
Bat Conservation Groups.
- Bat Conservation Trust (UK)
- Bat Conservation International (USA)
- The Organization for Bat Conservation (USA)
- The Norfolk Bat Group (UK)
- The Warwickshire Bat Group (UK)
Bat detectors, sound measurement and analysis
- Pettersson Elektronik AB - bat detectors and sound analysis software
- Avisoft bioacoustics software
- Bruel & Kjaer - precision sound measurement equipment
- Larson-Davis - precision acoustic instrumentation
- Noldus Information Technology - The Observer system for computer-based analysis of behavioural data on video.
- Keithley Instruments - digital acquisition hardware and software.
- National Instruments - high frequency sound cards.
- Mathworks - makers of Matlab software.
- LabView - by National instruments.
- Lotek - for radiotracking and activity logging.
- Build your own bat detector