CREATE (Cultivating Research and Teaching Excellence) is the University of Bristol's continuing professional development scheme for academics. It provides academic staff an opportunity to enhance their practice within a world class research-intensive university and to gain national recognition for their commitment to developing their role.
The scheme contributes to the University’s commitment to research and educational excellence. The scheme, running since 2014, was redesigned and relaunched in 2021 and now consists of the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) and the CREATE HEA Fellowship Scheme.
CREATE Outstanding Portfolio Awards
New for 2022 are the awards for the most outstanding portfolios:
HEA Associate Fellow portfolio – Ollie Hanton, Graduate Teacher Level 2, Department of Computer Science.
HEA Fellow portfolio – Elizabeth Mumford, Senior Lecturer, University of Bristol Law School.
HEA Senior Fellow portfolio – Foluke Adebisi, Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Bristol Law School.
PGCAP Unit 1 portfolio – Miguel Gaggiotti, Lecturer, Department of Film and Television.
PGCAP Unit 2 portfolio – Simeon Koole, Lecturer in Liberal Arts and History, Department of History.
HEA Associate Fellow portfolio
- Xiaoting Luo, Teaching Associate in Strategy and International Business Management, School of Management.
HEA Fellow portfolio
- Rachel James, Senior Lecturer, School of Geographical Science.
- Duc Nguyen, Teaching Associate, Department of Civil Engineering.
HEA Senior Fellow portfolio
- Chris Adams, Lecturer, School of Chemistry.
- Debra Jones, EAP Coordinator, Centre for Academic Language and Development.
PGCAP Unit 1 portfolio
- Jemma Rowlandson, Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Amanda Gaulter, Lecturer, School for Policy Studies.
PGCAP Unit 2 portfolio
- Sumayyah Malna, Lecturer, University of Bristol Law School.
- HEA Senior Fellow portfolio
- Julie Dickson, Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Integrated Structure, Bristol Veterinary School.
- Katy Burgess, Lecturer, School of Psychological Science,
- HEA Fellow portfolio
- Mircea Popa, Senior Lecturer in Quantitative Political Research, School of Sociology.
- Catriona Johnson, EAP Tutor, Centre for Academic Language and Development.
- Eleni Toumpanaki, Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering.
- Jessica Lueth (Lecturer, Department of German.
- HEA Associate Fellow portfolio
- Karen Still, Lecturer, School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine.
- Billie Gavurin, Graduate Teacher Level 2, Department of English.
- Kiah Tasman, Teaching Associate, School of Physiology, Pharmacology & Neuroscience.
- PGCAP Unit 1 portfolio
- Henry Reeve, Lecturer, School of Mathematics.