Bristol Teaching Awards
The Bristol Teaching Awards (BTAs) recognise and celebrate those staff who have made an outstanding contribution to teaching, the provision of support for students, and enhancing the student learning experience, the awards are based on both staff and student nominations. The scheme also aims to provide an opportunity for reflection on our collective achievements in supporting teaching and learning.
Nominations for 2022 are now closed. Thanks to all the staff and students who nominated. Details on the 2023 scheme will be published next year.
Shortlist and Winners announcement
Visit the BILT blog to view the 2022 BTA shortlist gallery.
This year’s winners will be announced at the online Bristol Teaching Celebration on Wednesday 8th June 2022, find out more about the event including how you can register to attend.
Award categories and nomination criteria
Each year students and staff are invited to nominate staff in a range of individual and team award categories including:
- Outstanding Personal Tutoring Award - Individual.
- Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Award – Individual, 1 winner per faculty.
- Outstanding Support Award - Individual, dedicated professional services/technical support award.
- Outstanding Support Award – Team, dedicated professional services/technical team support award.
- Outstanding Research Supervision Award - Individual or team.
- Vice Chancellors Award for Education – from the 11 award winners, one person or team will be selected by the Vice-Chancellor for this additional award.