What is a BILT Associate?
BILT Associates provide an avenue for a larger scale involvement of BILT within schools and the University more broadly, enabling staff to contribute in ways that fit around their existing school commitments. Associates:
Produce two written outputs (or equivalent such as workshops, resources or symposia). Where appropriate, outputs will be peer reviewed by other Associates and BILT staff and published on the BILT website. Authorship will remain with the individual member of staff. In most cases, one output per year will be the normal expectation.
Contribute one blog piece or similar article for the BILT newsletter each year. Please see the ‘Description and Outputs’ guidance below for a list of resources that BILT currently produces.
Associates serve a term of two academic years (unless your University contract expires before this date). The Associate role is unpaid, however BILT contributes funding to support the development of outputs (see guidance notes for further details).
If you are interested in becoming a BILT Associate, please email your CV and a short summary of the outputs you intend to create to email@example.com.
Applications for BILT Associateships (to start in September 2019) close on the 8th April 2019, 9am.
Please read the 'Description and Outputs (Office document, 48kB) guidance before applying.
We currently have ten Associates working on a range of topics. You can find out more about the work of our Associates by visiting our blog, or getting in touch with them. The Associates are:
- Nathaniel Coleman, Senior Teaching Associate, School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies
- Alison Blaxtor, Clinical Teaching Fellow, School of Veterinary Sciences
- Humphrey Bourne, Senior Lecturer and Faculty Education Director (PGT), School of Economics, Finance and Management
- Imogen Moore, Senior Teaching Fellow in Law, University of Bristol Law School
- James Ladyman, Professor, School of Arts (Philosophy)
- Steffi Zegowitz, Senior Teaching Associate, School of Maths
- Sam Hitchmough, Senior Teaching Fellow and Director of Teaching, School of Arts (History)
- Sian Harris, Senior Teaching Fellow, Director of Teaching and Digital Learning, School of Arts (English)
- Amy Walsh, Bristol Green Capital Partnership Liaison Officer, Public Engagement
- Fabienne Vailes, Language Director (French), School of Modern Languages