Bristol Teaching Awards
The Bristol Teaching Awards recognise and reward members of staff who have made an outstanding contribution to teaching, the provision of support for students and education more generally. The awards are joint venture between Bristol SU and the University.
Nominations for the 2017 Bristol Teaching Awards are now closed. Shortlisted candidates will be announced in early May and will be invited to an awards ceremony in June, where the winners of each award will be announced.
Member of staff were nominated in the following categories:
- University Award for Education (one award per faculty for a member of staff or team)
- University Award for Enhancing the Student Learning Experience (one award for a member or team from professional services or Bristol SU)
- University Educational Initiative Award (one award for a team or group of individuals.
- Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching (one award per faculty for a member of academic staff)
- Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching by a Postgraduate Student (one award for a postgraduate student)
- Students’ Award for Outstanding Support (one award for a member or team of support or technical staff in faculties, Bristol SU or the central professional services)
- Students’ Award for Outstanding Supervision of Research Students (one award for an academic member of staff or supervisory team)
From the winners across both strands (staff-led and student-led), the Vice-Chancellor will select one individual or team to receive the 'Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Education' in recognition of their exceptional contribution to education and enhancement of the student experience. The winner will be announced at the awards ceremony in June.