BILT’s aims are:
- To advance the use and production of education research and scholarship so that our students benefit from a curriculum that is based in evidence.
- To articulate, champion and support educational excellence at the University.
- Enhance the University's reputation for teaching and learning both nationally and internationally.
- To provide academic and professional support to enable educational enhancement in the institution.
BILT’s objectives includes:
- Supporting the development of a culture of educational innovation within schools and departments.
- Developing an education which is inclusive and flexible.
- Supporting the Bristol Futures curriculum which seeks to enhance career-readiness within our students.
- Supporting the translation and dissemination of good practice across schools and departments.
- Embedding the principles of education for sustainable development.
The first of BILT's themes is Assessment and will run from 2017-2020.