We welcome day time visitors to view the Hall and its facilities. Tours take 20 minutes and should be pre-booked by calling (0117) 903 2480 or email to email@example.com
. Visits are generally accepted on Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 1100 hrs and 1300 hrs. Viewing of a student room cannot be guaranteed if we are at maximum occupancy.
Staying overnight in Hall
Student rooms are not suitable for dual occupancy. Students are welcome to host visitors, but only for a maximum stay of 2 consecutive nights. A visitor may not extend a stay by moving from room to room. On occasion there will be vacant single rooms available for those visitors who prefer not to share with their host, at a cost of £21 per person per night.
Registering a visitor to stay in a student room
In Main Reception, under the post pigeonholes, are supplies of Visitor Forms.
- All visitors must be registered prior to arrival, even if staying in your room
- The form must be lodged with the Warden a minimum of 3 days' notice
- Unregistered visitors found in Hall the host will be charged £21 and the visitor asked to leave
- Visitors wishing to take a meal will be charged at point of service - costs of meals vary, for details see the Catering section.
- No visitor may use a Badock Hall meal card to obtain meals
Charges for visitor room reservation
The Hall Office will be able to assist with reservations for single rooms - but we require a minimum of 3 days notice.
- Any visitor meals taken during a stay in Hall will be charged at the current rate, meals to be paid for at the point of service
- Room only charge: £21 - this charge also applies, per person, should a student be found to have an unregistered guest or guests
Accommodation in Bristol
Bristol provides a wide range of hotels and guest houses with accommodation from Bed & Breakfast to Full Board. Close to the motorway junctions are Travelodge and Premier Inn outlets within five miles of the Hall offering particularly good rates for online bookings.
Within 2 miles of Badock Hall are various family-run B&B establishments that come highly recommended, naturally these vary considerably in cost - the adjacent areas to Stoke Bishop are to be found in postal areas BS7, and BS9.