Alumni in New Year Honours 2012
19 January 2012
Along with two Bristol University academic staff Professor Derek Offord
and Professor Jean Golding
, three alumni have been awarded an OBE and four others an MBE, in the New Years honours list.
Congratulations to all.
- Mr Andrew Glass (BA 1983) Formerly director of British Council, Serbia and Montenegro.
- Dr Christopher Howard (BA 1973) Headteacher of Lewis School, Pengam, Caerphilly. For services to Education.
- Mrs Mary Mead (Hon MA 2006) Owner, Holt Farms Ltd and Co-Founder, Yeo Valley Organics. For services to Sustainable Dairy Farming.
- Mrs Oeslyn Jemmotte (MEd 1994) Formerly director of Education. For services to education and to the community in Montserrat.
- Dr Richard Roberts (BSc 1979) SME Market Analysis director, Barclays Business. For services to UK Small and Medium-Sized Businesses.
- Dr Pieter van der Merwe (PhD 1979) General Editor, National Maritime Museum. For services to Heritage and the local community of Greenwich.
- Professor Robert Walker FRS (BSc 1970) Member, Social Security Advisory Committee. For services to Social Policy Research.
- Professor Geoffrey Hill (Hon DLitt 2009) Poet and Critic. For services to Literature.