How to organise an event
Would you like to organise an event? Perhaps a reunion for all your old friends from Bristol? Or a networking event for alumni in your area? Here's a brief guide to help you on your way.
The first thing to do is think about the following questions:
- Who you want to invite? Is it a particular year group, course, club, society or hall of residence?
- What sort of event do you want? A lunch, dinner, informal meeting in a pub?
- Do you want to include partners/families?
- Would you like to meet in Bristol or elsewhere?
- How are you going to fund the event?
Tip: If you're already in touch with some people from the group you would like to invite, sound out your ideas with them.
How we can help
- We can advertise your reunion in one of our monthly e-newsletters. For us to do this we need at least two months notice prior to the event, and a contact email that you are happy to be published online.
- We can also list your event in our online events diary.
Publicising your event
In order to publicise your event in our e-newsletter and in our online events diary please complete the online event submission form. This will provide us with all the information we need. We also recommend that you manage the registration of guests for your event by using the Eventbrite site. You can read instructions for setting up an event on Eventbrite here.
- It would be great to hear how the event went. If you send us a report and some photos we will try to feature it on our website. Please make sure the alumni in your photographs are happy to be featured in this way.
- In return for publicising your reunion, we ask that you let us know if you discover any graduates whose address details are incorrect/ different (including email addresses). This information would be extremely useful as we are constantly trying to improve the alumni database. We do not disclose contact details to third parties.
- Why not organise your event in Bristol? You might like to coincide it with a reunion that is already taking place or a local festival - have a look at Bristol tourist information to see what’s happening.
- The University can offer some accommodation. We also provide further accommodation information, including local hotel details, in the run up to the Alumni Reunion Weekend.
- The University has facilities for conferences. For further information visit the University Conference Office and the Kingsdown Conference Centre.
Finally, we wish you every success in your event and if you would like further information please contact email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)117 928 7938, Campaigns and Alumni Relations, University of Bristol, Senate House, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TH.