Bristol Connects Live: Sustainability Week
Bristol Connects Live events are back for 2021-22! These unique online panel discussions bring Bristol alumni from similar sectors together to share their career paths, experiences and insight with current students and fellow graduates.
This November, the programme begins with three lunchtime sessions on careers in sustainability.
Tuesday 9 November, 1-1:45 pm
In the first of the Bristol Connects Live, Sustainability Week sessions, Bristol alumni panellists share their experiences of developing their careers within responsible businesses. At this online lunchtime event, you can hear directly from fellow Bristol graduates about working within companies that seek to balance profit and purpose, including Rubies in the Rubble, which makes condiments using surplus ingredients; and Schneider Electric, an energy and resource company that was recognised this year as the world’s most sustainable corporation.
We are delighted to announce panellists:
- Jessica Felton-Page (BSc 2007) Commerical Manager, Rubies in the Rubble
- Chazz Oxlade (BSc 2015), Finance Manager, THIS
- Jeremy Palmer (MSc 2004), Sales Director, Schneider Electric
- Keir Barraclough (BSc 2017), Product Officer, Semble
Pushing for change
Wednesday 10 November, 1-1:45 pm
In the second of the Bristol Connects Live, Sustainability Week sessions, Bristol alumni panellists share their experiences of developing their careers in sustainability policy, research and consultancy. At this online lunchtime event, you can hear directly from fellow Bristol graduates about working within government departments and research organisations to shape the policies that will determine our future, including the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and the Grantham Research Institute at the LSE.
- Brendan Curran (BSc 2012), Policy Fellow – Sustainable Finance, Grantham Research Institute, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Mireille Emiré Meneses Campos (MSc 2018), Consultant, South Pole
- Emily Faint (BA 2017), Senior Policy Advisor, Net Zero Strategy and Carbon Budgets, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
Thursday 11 November, 1- 1:45 pm
In the third of the Bristol Connects Live, Sustainability Week sessions, Bristol alumni panellists share their experiences of developing their careers within corporate sustainability and climate action. At this online lunchtime event, you can hear directly from fellow Bristol graduates about driving forward strategic sustainability goals within a range of large businesses and organisations, including John Lewis and British Airways.
- Sam Lee-Gammage (BSc 2011), Group Ethics & Sustainability Manager, Raw Materials, John Lewis
- Laila Shaif (BSc 2017), Sustainability Consultant Carbon Intelligence
- Rosie Helson (MSci 2009), Sustainability and Inclusion Manager, British Airways
- Arjun Sahota (Bsc 2017), Sustainability Consultant, JLL
All alumni are welcome to join, however, please note that this event may be more suitable for recent graduates or those looking for new career opportunities.
*All alumni speaking at this event are Bristol Volunteers. The views and opinions that are shared at this event are personal to those Bristol Volunteers and do not reflect the views or opinions of any associated organisations or the University.
We are committed to providing a safe and friendly community where all participants should feel welcome and are treated with kindness, fairness, respect, and tolerance. By following our digital events code of conduct, you help us to create a welcoming and friendly event for all. Our digital events code of conduct can be found here.