The University has developed a partnership with Unite to provide accommodation within the heart of Bristol's city centre. Along with a number of our other properties, Nelson House is part of our Student Houses collection of residences, and will particularly suit students who are independently minded, keen to mix with a wider group and want to enjoy all the facilities Bristol has to offer.
Nelson House was refurbished in 2013, with the addition of a large common room and courtyard area on the ground floor of the property. These facilities, and the rest of the ground floor area, are shared between University of Bristol students and the UWE students living in the neighbouring building (Drake House). Within the flats, the refurbished rooms have been finished to a high specification, with modern fitted kitchens and spacious, well-equipped bedrooms.View photo gallery Take virtual tour How to apply
- Flat of 5 - 6 students
- Owned by Unite Students
- Student experience managed by the University of Bristol
- Shared shower, basin and toilets in each flat
- Kitchen/diner in each flat
- Internet access in rooms (StudentCom)
- Common Room
- Bike storage
Living at Nelson House
Nelson House is located in the heart of Bristol, just 2-3 minutes walk from the main shopping areas and at the very heart of Bristol's world-famous street art scene, where the buildings (including Nelson House) have been transformed into huge canvases. Living at Nelson House gives you the opportunity to make the most of the vibrant city life and gives you easy access on foot to:
- shops from Harvey Nichols to Wilkinsons,
- theatre at Bristol’s Hippodrome for the big west-end shows, and at the renowned Bristol Old Vic for independent productions,
- cinema at the Showcase Cinema de Lux (13 screens), Odeon (three screens), or Watershed (three screens),
- world class galleries, museums, exhibitions and art spaces,
- live music venues from the Colston Hall to the O2 Academy,
- a host of bars, restaurants and clubs.
Nelson House has a warden who is responsible for pastoral care for first year undergraduate students (freshers). He is supported by deputy wardens and senior residents. The senior residents live at Nelson House and are on call to help with any issues that arise whether personal, social or academic.
The Junior Common Room (JCR) Committee, newly elected each year from freshers, ensures that you are able to enjoy a range of social events.
At a glance
Rooms and rents
Tenancy: 43 weeks (14 Sept 14 - 11 July 15)
|Single no basin||182||£5,354 or £125/week|
Location and contact details
Warden: Janie Digby
Student support administrator: Stella Eastwood
Tel:+44 (0) 117 954 6638
Website: Student houses website
Address: Nelson House, Rupert Street, BS1 2PZ