Pay your accommodation fees
How and when you pay your fees will depend on whether the University is your landlord or if you are living in one of our Nomination properties.
You don't need to pay any accommodation fees until after you have moved into your accommodation and you have received an invoice. Due to staggered arrivals this year, invoices will be generated on a rolling basis depending on when you checked in to your residence. Invoices can take up to 14 days after check in to be generated. You will be able to see your invoices, make a payment or set up a payment plan, online through the MyBristol portal.
Please do not make a payment until you have received an invoice.
Setting up a payment
We prefer students to pay by direct debit, but alternatively, accept payments online by credit/debit card. You will need to register online and then wait until your invoice is issued, normally the next working day, before you can pay or set up a payment plan.
To make a payment, set up a payment plan or view your statement visit the MyBristol portal Fees and Funding section.
If you set up a payment plan you won't need to do anything further for the rest of the academic year, unless we contact you. Payment will be taken automatically on the due dates.
If you set up an online payment plan last year and wish to continue paying by the same method, you must set up a new plan for the new academic year.
Make a payment online via the MyBristol portal Fees and funding section using one of the following methods. You may pay an invoice in full or in instalments.
Credit or debit card
- Go to your My Bristol Portal Fees and Funding section and choose the Make a payment option. Select the invoice you wish to pay and enter your card details.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards except for American Express and Diners Club.
- We offer Dynamic Currency Conversion to allow VISA and Mastercard holders to make transactions in their own currency for the best exchange rate guarantee.
- We can take authorised payments from your bank account on the dates due. Please check your bank uses the AUDDIS system to take these payments.
By instalments/payment plan
- Go to your MyBristol portal Fees and funding section and choose the Setup standard accommodation payment plan option.
Please quote your student number in the reference.
Bank account details:
Account name: University of Bristol Fees Account
Sort code: 20-13-42
Account number: 90923583
IBAN: GB14 BARC 2013 4290 9235 83
SWIFT code: BARCGB22
Bank name: Barclays
Bank address: 53-55 Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3EA
Please note that we do not accept cash or cheque payments.
When to pay
Please visit the MyBristol portal to make a payment.
- Full payment can be made immediately on receipt of your invoice or
- By instalments. Please note these instalments are not equal, please see your invoice for the breakdown of charges.
Payment instalment deadlines
Due to staggered arrivals this year, invoices will be generated on a rolling basis depending on when you checked in to your residence.
To make a payment /view your Financial Statement - visit your MyBristol portal.
Chantry Court, Deans Court & Woodland Court
These residences are Nomination properties, this means that you apply to live there via the University's application process, but that your tenancy agreement is with the third-party provider and you pay your rent directly to them.
For Deans Court and Woodland Court, you will be given a rent payment card on arrival at the residence, along with instructions of how to make your payments. You can choose to pay in full or in three instalments, in September, January and May (exact date and amount depends on your residence and room type). Visit the A2Dominion website for details of how you can pay.
For Chantry Court, Unite will provide details of how and when to make your payments when you confirm your booking with them, and you can get further details on how to pay from the Unite website.
Download the accommodation fees for our residences: